Latest Version: 24/05/2018
Ireland’s Blue Book
Ireland’s Blue Book is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The privacy and confidentiality of personal information is important, and we are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. As Data Controllers under the Data Protection Act 1988 we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the Irish Data Protection legislation and will ensure that we:
• Obtain and process information fairly.
• Keep information only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose.
• Use and disclose information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
• Keep information safe and secure.
• Keep information accurate, complete and up to date.
• Ensure that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
• Retain information for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.
• Give a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken on written request.
Our Privacy Statement is a legal requirement underpinned by two distinct pieces of legislation:
▪ Statutory Instrument Number 336 of 2011 European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 ("SI 336/2011")
▪ EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”)
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time and from time to time without notice by publishing a new version on our website. Please refer to the top of this document to see date of the latest version in force.
By using our website and voluntarily providing any personal data to us through booking or browsing, you confirm that you agree to and consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement on your behalf and on behalf of others you are representing including but not limited to organisations and whose information you submit and including the collection and use of information, to the extent that your consent is required by any applicable law. Continued access and use of the Site without acceptance of the terms of this Privacy Statement relieves us from responsibility to the user.
Information we collect on the website may be used for the following purposes:
• To operate and provide the search, booking, accounts, review, forums and other services, facilities and functions of our websites. This includes managing any accounts or registrations you may have with our websites and making changes to your settings and profile at your request.
• To provide information to you about our website, systems and services, including to respond to booking enquiries and searches, and to keep you updated generally.
• To enable you to make bookings, and to fulfil, provide, perform, administer, manage, and enforce all bookings, orders, and other contracts which relate to you (including if you are a guest in a booking made by someone else), and to process any transactions authorised or made with us which relate to you.
• To collect and make payments due and administer our accounts.
• To communicate with you concerning any enquiries, bookings, services provided, problems and complaints, and to respond to any submissions, enquiries or requests from you.
• To keep internal records and maintain reasonable archives, including concerning as to enquiries, bookings, contracts, services, and complaints.
• To analyse, audit, provide, operate, administer, maintain and improve our business, website, systems, and services; to carry out surveys and analyse the results; to run promotions and competitions; undertake product or customer research/development; to assist us in and help us to improve our sales, editorial, advertising and marketing processes; to carry out other business development and improvement activities; and to provide training to our staff, sub-contractors and suppliers. For example, we may use your personal data to help us profile how our customers generally are using our websites and booking services with (or through) us. We may also use this information to ascertain interests so that we can better tailor our business offerings.
• To carry out direct marketing to you that you have consented to. We do not use or disclose your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to this through an opt-in tick box on any form or website of ours.
• To report aggregate information concerning usage of our websites. We normally create anonymous statistical data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify any individual.
• For any purpose which we have obtained your consent to.
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
• We may disclose your personal data to third parties (including intermediaries) as necessary to carry out any checks concerning you or enforce any booking or contract with you (including credit, security, fraud and identity checks). This may include credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
• We disclose your personal data to third parties (including intermediaries) as necessary to deal with any booking enquiry being made by or for you, to make any booking requested by or for you, to perform and administer any booking for you or other contract with or in respect of you. Such third parties may include any suppliers or sub-contractors and their agents
• We may disclose your personal data to any third party (e.g. supplier, contractor sub-contractor) we make any enquiries with concerning or engage or sub-contract to perform any booking or other contract, including to provide any other products or services we have agreed to provide to you.
• We may disclose your personal data to any supplier with whom we make any enquiry concerning or book any travel or other products and services for you as agent (whether as agent for you, someone representing you, or the supplier). Details of any third-party operators or other third parties who will be responsible for or supply you with the services booked or enquired about, may be obtained from us on request, and may be stated in any other brochure provided by us.
• Where we use third parties to host, provide, operate or supply any part of our websites, databases, systems, business, or services, or carry out on our behalf any of our business functions or actions (including sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance, providing customer and advertising analysis, and providing customer services), then then we may provide your personal data to them as required for use for or processing as part of those purposes.
• Where any facility on our website is clearly designed to make certain of your personal data public (e.g. posts you make to any public forum or reviews facility), then any personal data you provide in relation to that forum or other facility, which is provided in circumstance where it is clear that it is intended to be published, will be disclosed to the public accordingly, subject to moderation by us.
• We may supply personal data to a government authority or regulator where required to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, for the purposes of customs, visas and immigration, or where reasonably required to protect your vital interests or enforce any booking or other contract. We may disclose your personal data where otherwise required by or permitted by law.
• If our customer is a business or organisation, and we are holding your personal data in your capacity as an associate of that business or organisation (including as agent, representative, contact, employee, officer, owner, partner, or director), then we may disclose to them that personal data. If our customer is making a booking or booking enquiry on your behalf, with your authority, then we may disclose to our customer your personal data as reasonably required in connection with such booking or enquiry, or the subsequent performance of or payment for any booking made.
• If our business is ever transferred to a third party, then your personal data will be transferred to the acquirer to enable them to continue the business.
Where we provide your personal data to a third party one of the following two circumstances will apply:
We may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as us. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, this third party’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organisations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media pages.
5. RIGHT OF ACCESS
You may request information on whether we are processing personal data about you, to tell you what personal data we are processing and for what purposes, and to provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold. We must provide the data request for free unless the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive. In these cases, we charge a reasonable fee not exceeding € 6.35 for handling your request. In certain cases, we may refuse your request and will advise you at the time if this is the case.
All requests must be in writing and may be submitted by e-mail or by post to the contact details listed below and you will receive a response within 30 days of receipt of your written request. Where requests are complex or numerous, we will extend the deadline for providing the information to 3 months. In such cases, we will advise you in writing within the 30-day time period explaining why the extension is necessary.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information.