Wednesday 29th May and Thursday 30th May 2019
Stay at Ballymaloe House and enjoy two highlights of the Blackwater Valley Opera Festival (BVOF) for a unique cultural adventure. Relax and make Ballymaloe House your home for two nights bed and breakfast and enjoy Ireland’s only summer Opera festival, the Blackwater Valley Opera Festival during your stay. Along with the festival organisers, we are delighted to offer a classical cultural two-day event allowing guests to appreciate a selection of highlights from this extraordinary musical festival.
Arrive at Ballymaloe House on Wednesday afternoon (29th May) and enjoy tea and cake by the fire in our drawing room. Ballymaloe House is 45 minutes from Lismore Castle where you will enjoy the opening gala performance of Don Pasquale’s Opera by Gaetano Donizetti – A tale of love, intrigue, money and some artful manoeuvres.
The Opera Gala Night at Lismore Castle at 8.15pm including a pre-performance picnic box by Mezze of Waterford in the lower garden beside the main hospitality area at Lismore Castle.
Thursday 30th May enjoy a concert at Villerstown Church at 12 noon. Arias, duets and ensembles from favourite operas from around the world performed by members of the Blackwater Valley Opera Festival Opera Chorus accompanied on piano by Darren Hargan (transport to this event not included).
Trio Concert – ‘Impressions’ Stanford, Trimble, Ireland, Brahms at 8.15 pm (Three exceptionally talented musicians come together in concert for the very first time) at Dromore Yard including a meal from guest chef Rose Greene. Rose has worked in some of the most renowned restaurants internationally, where her aim was to learn the best in the field. She ran the kitchen of a 1 Michelin starred restaurant, Du Wulf in Belgium.
Our unique Classical cultural Blackwater Valley Opera Festival package at €545.00 per person sharing includes:
- Tea and cake on arrival Wednesday afternoon.
- Transfer to and from Ballymaloe House to Lismore Castle (approx. 50 minutes)
- Picnic catering by Mezze of Waterford pre-performance at Lismore Castle – 6.30pm
- Tickets to internationally the Don Pasquale Gala Opera Night
- Leisurely award winning Ballymaloe breakfast and the opportunity to make the house your home for the day.
- Tickets to concert at Villerstown Church: 12 noon (Thursday 30th May). Please note that no transfers are included for this event.
- Transfer to and from Ballymaloe House to Dromore Yard (approx. 50 minutes).
- Tickets to Trio Concert and dinner at Dromore Yard
- 2 nights Bed & Breakfast at Ballymaloe House in a large room.
Single Supplement €60.00 per night